Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Glass Etching...

This gal has a blog called Super Saturday and if you are interested in etching your glass dishes...you should check her out! I have seen this all over the internet...and she sells the vinyl templates. See here.



This is what she says:

"Whoever came up with this idea is a genius! I love having my name on my dishes so I will never lose them at a pot luck or when I give dinner to another family. This is so easy to do.

All you need is a vinyl stencil with your name on it, etching cream (Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream - Permanent), paint brush, and your Pyrex dish.

You put your stencil on your glass. Paint your etching cream on the glass showing in your stencil. (put a lot on there, so you know it is working) Wait 25 minutes and wash off. Peel your vinyl off and wash with Windex and you're done.

Easy, Easy Easy! This is a great gift for anyone. For all those non-crafters, this is the perfect Super Saturday idea. The etching will not go away when you bake it or wash it. It is permanent!"

No comments: